Short-Term Medical Insurance Plans
Short-term medical plans play a critical role in our post ACA major medical world. Short -term medical plans are vital to “fill a time gap” before your client can be covered by an ACA plan. Plus many may choose to opt out of an ACA plan simply because they can’t afford the high premiums, high deductibles, and the big out-of-pocket financial exposure at claim time. After all what good is major medical plan if a person can’t afford it?
Another market for short-term are those legal residents who don’t have a social security number yet but need an affordable medical plan. Some of our short-term plans don’t even ask for a social security number so these plans are a perfect answer to these types of clients.
Talk about an innovative short-term plan!!!!! Two choices. 1) In most approved states you can now insure someone up to a full 364 days at far less premium than an ACA plan. Plus, there is no longer a penalty for not buying an ACA plan. 2) For even less premium apply for our unique 4X3 option. Your clients can have short-term protection up to 360 days (not 364) and will only have to complete one application and answer the health questions only once. Four 90-day policies are issued all at one time with pre-existing carryover from 90-day term to 90-day term. Rates do not increase from 90-day term to 90-day term. Naturally, a new deductible and co-insurance is applied each 90 days. Plus, they can cancel anytime. Please contact us for details. *Plan not available in all states.
US citizens and US legal residents between the ages of 6 months (when insuring children by themselves) and 64-year-old. You must be able to answer a few brief health questions “no” in order to qualify. But once you qualify no other health questions are necessary.
Highlights and Benefits
- The “Pivot” STM in most states is a 364-day plan. For those without pre-existing conditions a much lower cost medical plan than an ACA plan.
- Plus, a 2nd lower cost option (called a 4X3) to purchase a 90-day short-term plan that your client can easily buy 3 more times – thus a total of four90 day time frames (360 days protection).
- Only a One-Time easy on-line enrollment necessary.
- On the 4X3, each time they buy another 90-day term, pre-existing conditions are carried over from 90 day policy to 90 day policy!
- Your client can pay month by month and cancel anytime.
- NO further applications have to be completed & NO medical questions answered after the initial enrollment!
- Freedom of choice – member can go to any doctor or facility
- No rate trending on 4×3 plan for subsequent policies
- Eligibility age for primary application is 6 months to 64 and 11 months
- Doctor office copays on some plans: $30 primary / $60 specialist/urgent care
- Prescription discount card on every plan
- Prescription drug rider on some plans
- Optional Doctor co-pay benefits!
- Optional RX co-pay benefits!
Optional Urgent Care co-pay benefits!
- Freedom of choice of any provider!
- Can be written in children alone!
- A+ AM Best rated company!
Contact us for state availability and more details
Our PIVOT Short-Term plan is underwritten by Companion Life Insurance Company which is AM Best rated A+ (Superior).
Need a Quote, More Information or to be Appointed?
Arizona Office – Graham Bates Graham@ISAbrokers.com (800) 647-4589
Baylie Carroll Baylie@ISAbrokers.com (800) 647-4589 ext 206
Indiana Office – Suzanne Munson Suzanne@ISAbrokers.com (317) 399-7167 (direct line)
Need another short-term medical plan?
Depending on your state, we have other short-term medical plans available.
National General Short-Term (underwritten by National Health Insurance Company in most states or Integon Insurance Company). In many states coverage can be in effect up to 364 days. Contact one of our Broker Advisors for details.
Standard Security Life Insurance Company underwrites several short-term plans in various states. A company we’ve been associated with for many years, Contact one of our Broker Advisors for details.
Contact one of our Broker Advisors for details.
Arizona Office: (800) 647-4589 or 01 (480) 821-9052
Indiana Office: (317) 399-7167
Suzanne Munson – email her