Welcome AFM Members
Here, you will find instructions for:
- Pre-certification requirements
- Submitting a medical claim
- Adding or removing a dependent
- Finding and locating a doctor within the United Healthcare PPO Network
- Receiving care outside of the U.S.
- How to get assistance
Pre-certification Requirements: All Hospitalizations, Surgical Procedures, CT Scans, MRIs, PET Scans, Chemo/Radiation Therapy, Rental of Durable Medical Equipment, Extended Care Facility, Home Nursing Care, Organs Transplants and Artificial Limb(s) require pre-certification at least 48 hours before your scheduled procedure.
- You can pre-certify by calling (317) 644-6291 or by emailing [email protected]
- Failure to pre-certify may result in a 20% reduction of eligible benefits Outside the US and 50% Inside the US.
- In the event of a medical emergency, seek immediate medical attention first and then contact the 24-hour assistance telephone number on your ID card within 48 hours of receiving medical care.
To Submit a Claim:
- Download and complete a Claim Form, here.
- Scan or take a high resolution picture of the completed Claim Form along with your itemized bill and receipt(s) and email them to [email protected] or fax them to (480) 821-9297
- Your itemized bill requires the name and contact information of your doctor. If the bill is from a U.S. provider, then it should also include insurance billing codes.
- There is no need to translate your bills or convert any currency before you submit them.
- Please allow 3-5 weeks for your claim to be processed.
- You may email Rachel Piccione a [email protected] or call us at (800) 647-4589 – toll free within the U.S. for assistance in completing your claim form and submitting your claim.
To Add or Remove a Dependent:
- Download and complete an Enrollment Form, here.
- You may remove dependents on the bottom of Page 1
- Scan or take a high resolution picture of the completed Enrollment Form and email them to [email protected]
United Healthcare PPO
- Within the U.S., you can choose a doctor in the United Healthcare PPO Network, visit https://us1.welcometouhc.com/find-a-doctor to locate a doctor.
- By accessing the Preferred Provider Organization’s participating medical professionals and facilities, insured members enjoy 100% coverage after the applicable deductible has been satisfied.
Receiving Care Outside the U.S.
- You have the freedom to choose any doctor or hospital. If you need assistance in finding and locating a doctor, then please call the 24-hour worldwide assistance telephone number on your ID Card
How to Get Assistance
For help with locating a doctor, direct billing or 24-hour assistance, please contact:
5218 S. East Street, Suite E-1, Indianapolis, IN 46227
P (888) 201-8850 ● (317) 644-6291
F (888) 201-8851 ● (317) 423-9620
For questions regarding your benefits, add or remove a dependent or assistance with submitting a claim, please contact:
Insurance Services of America
1757 E. Baseline Road, Ste 126
P (800) 647-4589 ● (480) 821-9052
F (866) 793-4779 ● (480) 821-9297